Maximizing Value When Buying Skips
When it comes to construction, renovation or demolition projects, one of the biggest wastes is generated in the form of rubble, debris, and other unwanted materials. In such cases, hiring a skip can be a convenient option for disposing of large amounts of waste quickly and efficiently. However, the cost of large skip hire can vary depending on various factors. In this post, we’ll delve deeper into what all goes into the cost of large cheap skip hire.
1. Size – The size of the skip is one of the primary factors that influence the cost of hire. Large skips are more expensive to hire than small ones due to their increased capacity. The larger the skip, the more waste it can hold, and therefore the more expensive it will likely be to rent.
2. Type of Waste – The type of waste that you wish to dispose of is also one of the factors that play a significant role in deciding the cost of skip hire. Certain types of waste like hazardous materials, toxic substances or electronics need to be disposed of in a particular way and are often costlier to get rid of. It is best to check with the skip hire company about the types of waste that they accept and their corresponding rates.
3. Duration of use – The duration of time for which you plan to use the skip is also essential in determining the cost. Most skip hire companies have a standard period of use of up to two weeks, after which additional charges may apply. Therefore, it is crucial to plan your workload and dispose of the waste within the stipulated time frame to avoid incurring extra charges.
4. Location – Your location also influences the price you pay to hire a skip. Certain areas have higher costs due to higher demand or more significant landfill taxes in that region. It is therefore essential to consider the location when choosing a skip hire company, as prices can vary according to the locality.
5. Delivery and Collection – The cost of delivery and collection also forms a part of the overall skip hire cost. The delivery charge will depend on the distance from the company’s location to your site, and the cost of collection will depend on the distance from your site to the final destination.
In summary, the cost of large skip hire is determined by various factors, including the size of the skip, the type of waste, the duration of use, the location, delivery and collection fees, and other associated costs. Before hiring a skip, it is best to research and compare prices from different companies to get the best value for your money. Factors such as sustainability and environmental impact should also be considered when selecting a skip hire company, and their policies on recycling waste. By keeping all these factors in mind, you can hire the right skip that meets your needs and budget while also being environmentally responsible.